Who are our Clients?
We represent domestic and international clients within the full range of size, stage of development and scope of business: investors, start-ups, entrepreneurs, seed and angel venture funds, growing companies, small and mid-size companies, large global corporations.
Our particular focus is on cross border and multi-jurisdictional matters, primarily within the technology; fintech & blockchain; cybersecurity; media & telecom; healthcare and life sciences; financial institutions; fintech; real estate, construction & infrastructure; transport & logistics; manufacturing; retail & distribution sectors.
KG Legal, as a Polish law firm, renders legal assistance in investments in Poland. We provide specialist expertise for corporate and private clients. We advise in respect of setting up business in Poland, buying real property in Poland or investing in start-ups, including biotech and new tech start-ups.
The primary focus areas of Kieltyka Gladkowski KG Legal are:
- Dispute resolution, conflict resolution and civil litigation;
- Commercial and corporate law, including corporate governance, financial reporting, mergers and acquisitions;
- IT law and new technologies, with a particular emphasis on e-commerce, video games, e-sports, blockchain, fintech, e-health, AI, AR/VR, mobile;
- Intellectual property;
- Employment law, including cross-border employment;
- Business to business contracts;
- Competition and antitrust;
- EU law;
- Data protection and data privacy;
- Regulatory law;
- Polish and international trademark law, copyright, licences;
- Private equity and venture capital;
- Insolvency law, restructuring, property management, business continuation, preparation and implementation of insolvency plans;
- Real estate project development;
- Residential property law;
- Real estate transactions (legal due diligence, legal advice on buying and selling real estate and real estate portfolios);
- Public procurement and PPP;
- Advising start-ups / companies and investors on company formation, funding rounds and transactions.
Setting up business in Poland:
- Choosing a tailored business vehicle for conducting business in Poland;
- Drafting memoranda and articles of association of a Polish company with terms and conditions securing a foreign shareholder;
- Comprehensive assistance in establishing companies, partnerships, branches and representative offices;
- Preparing documents for day-to-day corporate management;
- Advising on tax issues related to the operation of foreign investors in Poland;
- Registering a company owned by foreign investors in the Polish Tax Office;
- Legal assistance in forming relations and networking with Polish business partners;
- Legal assistance in opening bank accounts and handling of financial instruments in Poland.
Buying real property in Poland by foreign investors:
- Legal assistance in obtaining permits for buying commercial and residential real property by foreigners in Poland;
- Representing international Clients before the Minister of Internal Affairs in obtaining permits for buying real property in Poland;
- Advising on buying commercial and residential property in Poland;
- Due diligence of mortgage books and title search in Poland;
- Negotiating insurance contracts in real estate development in the field of product liability, damage caused by subcontractors, damage caused by machines in the events of non-compulsory insurance liability, damage to underground equipment and installations.
Investing in start-ups in Poland:
- Polish legal assistance in cross border investments in biotech start-ups in Poland on the basis of Polish pharmaceutical law;
- Legal assistance in providing financing for Polish new technology start-ups;
- Providing legal assistance in all matters connected with investing in Polish cleantech start-ups, in particular based on the Polish environment protection law;
- Legal support in transactions with seed capital for start-ups in Poland.
Representing international Clients before tax and administrative authorities in Poland:
- Legal assistance in obtaining relevant licences and permits, administrative decisions and certificates to conduct business in Poland;
- Representing international Clients in the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection;
- Representing foreign employers before employment law authorities and before administrative authorities in Poland (including Polish governors);
- Representing foreign companies before the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection.
Investing in Special Economic Zones in Poland:
- Legal assistance in setting up and operating business by foreign investors in Polish Special Economic Zones;
- Legal support in obtaining tax exemption in Polish Special Economic Zones;
- Negotiating the conditions of investing in the Special Economic Zones with the administrator of SEZ;
- Legal assistance in purchasing and leasing real property in Polish Special Economic Zones.
Advising on construction processes in Poland:
- Assisting in property development processes in Poland;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts within investment processes in Poland;
- Legal assistance in issues connected with ascertainment of the legal status and designation of real estate in Poland;
- Assisting in obtaining building permit and occupancy permit in Poland;
- Representing Clients before administrative authorities in all instances in the entire investment process in Poland.
Assisting in EU funding:
- Legal advice connected with grants, grant agreements, partnership and consortium agreements as well as trade and investment subsidies;
- Assisting in matching partners for EU applications (including universities, R&D units and entrepreneurs);
- Legal assistance in hybrid projects based on the institution of public-private partnerships involving foreign entrepreneurs;
- Legal services for entrepreneurs and scientists’ cooperation in projects co-financed from EU funds for 2014-2020;
- Legal support to research and development database funding (R&D projects);
- Legal assistance in Horizon 2020 procedures;
- Legal assistance in the relations with business partners and subcontractors within Horizon 2020 programme.
Lease of real estate in Poland:
- Legal assistance for international entities in the lease of retail spaces and shops in Poland;
- Advising foreign investors on pre-lease transactions in Poland;
- Negotiating terms and conditions of lease contracts with owners of commercial real estate in Poland;
- Securing the payment and performance of commercial lease contracts in Poland;
- Representing foreign investors before administrative authorities in the proceedings for obtaining occupancy permits;
- Negotiating conditions of necessary outlays in commercial lease contracts;
- Reviewing and negotiating insurance policies of commercial lease contracts.