publication date: November 29, 2022
KIELTYKA GLADKOWSKI participates in Tech Led Decarbonisation Showcase organized by Tech UK on 29 November 2022.
Organisations of all shapes and sizes and in all sectors are facing big new pressures to decarbonise. Not only is it imperative as the world aims for net zero, but also for business success. Customers now expect businesses to have firm carbon reduction targets in place and clear strategies on how to get there. Investors too are now choosing to put their money into businesses who have strong environmental credentials, and regulation is making businesses disclose their credentials.
Our lawyers will thus participate in the event that aims to help businesses, particularly SMEs, who are new to this and do not know how to measure and reduce their scope 1-3 emissions. This showcase will hear lightning talks from 6 companies who have developed tech solutions and platforms to aid firms in their decarbonisation efforts from establishing baselines to offsetting, to becoming more circular.
The topics discussed will include, among others:
– Setting out the drivers for decarbonization;
– Microsoft Lightning Presentation: Microsoft will present on how they help their customers understand energy and emissions data from their use of Microsoft products, particularly those based in the cloud;
– Climate Essentials Lightning Presentation: Climax Community will present their Climate Essentials carbon management system that helps organisations streamline their climate action journey by measuring, managing, and reducing their emissions;
– Circularity First Lightning Presentation: The broad scope of carbon impacts from tech itself and ways to mitigate, from the embodied carbon in physical products, to the role of data in increasing demand, and how software is written in compounding both.
– Accenture Lightning Presentation: Sustainability in Technology: 5-10% of an organisation’s carbon footprint currently comes from their IT estate. This presentation will focus on how to measure, reduce and mitigate the carbon footprint of technology.
– NovaFori Lightning Presentation: This presentation will explore how carbon marketplace and auction technology implementation helped bring transparency to an ESG offering.
– Sage Lightning Presentation: Sage will present on how their carbon accounting solution can help businesses easily understand and reduce their environmental impact.