The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement
The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) was adopted by the Council and signed at the EU-Canada Summit on 30 October 2016. CETA will create jobs and strengthen economic relations between the EU and Canada.
What will CETA introduce:
– helping to create growth and jobs at home
– ending custom duties
– letting EU businesses bid for Canadian public contracts
– stepping-up regulatory cooperation
– protecting European innovations, artists and traditional products
– opening up trade in services
– promoting investment
– ensuring good cooperation in future
– protecting democracy, consumers and the environment.