The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement and its consequences for Poland
The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement
The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) was adopted by the Council and signed at the EU-Canada Summit on 30 October 2016. CETA will create jobs and strengthen economic relations between the EU and Canada.
See the full text of the Agreement
What will CETA introduce:
– helping to create growth and jobs at home
– ending custom duties
– letting EU businesses bid for Canadian public contracts
– stepping-up regulatory cooperation
– protecting European innovations, artists and traditional products
– opening up trade in services
– promoting investment
– ensuring good cooperation in future
– protecting democracy, consumers and the environment.